Thursday 7 November 2013

Who Needs Friends?





The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have taken on a part of the official and related duties of The Royal Family.  In recent weeks that have been appearing here and there in carefully managed events to help create their image in the media.

Someone however on their personal staff and involved in the organisation and media management should have done their homework.

The picture above which has gone round the world as one attempt to relate to (ingratiate) the couple with the lower orders is an error.  Ms. Barbara Windsor, the actress has led an interesting life.

Among the many and various people who have figured in this are the Kray Twins famous in their time.  If you go to the link and down to their period of National Service it does not fit well with the idea of Poppy and Remembrance Day.

Especially when the 2nd Battalion of The Fusiliers is to be disbanded as part of the cuts in Defence spending.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know why they bother - nobody is taken in by it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I suspected but did not know for sure (i'm a Yank, as you Brits say) the Kray twins were the original for Monty Python's "Piranha Brothers". see footnote 1

    With regard to the Royals, I recently saw a Youtube snippet of an interview with Keith Richards about Mick Jagger's knighthood, which he was disparaging, saying that Mick "should have held out for a peerage", and that Keith "wouldn't allow that family near me with a sharp stick, let alone a sword." see footnote 2

    1 - In my view, the Pythons were the most important applied philosophy collective of the twentieth century. I unpack their main message at http://tinyurl.com/25wbddu

    2 - The occasion for looking for Keith Richards interviews is that I have begun reading his autobiography. One thing that struck me in one of these interviews is that, when asked what he was currently reading, he cited From Dawn to Decadence by Jacques Barzun. I've gotten a copy of Barzun's book as a Christmas present for my brother, who lent me Keith's book after reading it, as well as a copy for myself.

    ReplyDelete