Saturday 31 October 2015

Trick Or Treat?





When I asked the question "How should I dress up to spread fear, terror and horror among the neighbours on Halloween?"  The answer was to do nothing, just stay as I am.

The first time I came across the Halloween thing was in the film "Meet Me In St Louis", a 1944 musical set in St. Louis, USA, at the time of the 1904 World Exhibition there, see Wikipedia.  It struck me as daft then and my opinion has not altered.

I know now that there has been a long tradition of days or nights of misrule in many countries it is just that this one is the product of several borrowings taken over by commercial and media marketing men.

The cartoon above has nothing to do with this but it seemed to make sense in terms of the title to this item.

1 comment:

  1. If sounds from outside are any guide, Halloween now includes fireworks.

    ReplyDelete